Username Password   Forgot your password?   ·   Register
Remember me

Hemiplegic Migraines
Posted: 15 June 2016 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2016-06-15

Hi, I am new to this community but not new to migraines. I have suffered for 18 years. Until about 4 years ago I wasn’t able to even get a doctor to properly treat them. I found out about 2 years ago I have this rare form of migraine after having my first “stroke” 16 years ago. I have had every test, for strokes mostly, that you can think of and they have come back normal. This has meant I was not being treated for these migraines and looked at by my boss, doctors, and the public as though I was trying to get sympathy. Not even close. I didn’t enjoy being in the hospital for two of them, I have since refused to go since I know they aren’t strokes.

My question is, I recently started researching other ways to prevent my migraines, as they have changed. I came across info on hemiplegic migraines, my doctor told me what they were called but I forgot, and I wasn’t aware that there were two types. I don’t know which type I have and this concerns me as the familial type can cause more issues than sporadic. The familial type can onset in late if you have had head trauma, which I have due to domestic violence. The sporadic says they will resolve themselves. I am almost 50 so I am hoping that these will go away when I reach that age is true. But on the off chance that it doesn’t I need to know more. I’ve seen two neurologists and they have not helped in any way.

Thank you in advance for any and all help,
TM Lloyd